posted Feb 28, 2017, 5:20 PM by Michael McCabe
updated Apr 11, 2017, 6:39 PM
Join the Civic Council in Making
Haverford Township the Best it can be!
The Civic Council is gearing up for another year of action and community involvement. There is so much going on in the Township and we want to be the central location for events and information. Recent initiatives include the organization of community meetings to learn about the new Township Building, the renovated Library, and funding for playground improvements.
Please take a moment to pay your annual dues and update contact information for you organization. Also save the date for the Annual Meeting & Networking Convention. Working together we help make Havertown a wonderful place to live, work, and play!
Please take time now to:
- Renew your membership and commitment to our community by sending in your annual dues with our membership form.
- Designate and arrange to send two voting delegates to the April 25th membership meeting.
- Review the current HTCC organization bylaws and the annotated new bylaws documents to understand the changes that are being proposed.
- Consider proposing your issue or project to be an Action Priority for HTCC in 2017, using our Action Priority Form.
Consider these HTCC sponsored community events, perks, and Action Priorities that made this a great year for our Township:
- The Music Festival - 10,000 attendees and granted $14,000. Here are our grant recipients for 2017:
- Haverford Alliance for Drug Awareness (HADA)
Seed money & Comedy Night $2,000
- Oakmont Farmers Market - Food Bank Vouchers $500
- Kelly Music for Life - Summer Concert Series $2,500
- Haverford Library - Memory Preservation Station Photo Archiving $1,500
- WHHS HS Radio Station - Interns $2,000
- Blast HHS Senior After Prom $2,500
- Historical Society - Display Cabinet $1,000
- Haverford Green / HPED - Fountain at Triangle Garden $1,500
- MusicWorks - Music Therapy equipment $500
We are gearing up for the 7th Haverford Music Festival on Sept. 9, 2017. Go to www.haverford musicfestival.org for more info.
- The Informed Citizen Newsletter - a regular email newsletter providing announcements about happenings in the Township. We have connected over four thousand residents as a way to promote civic involvement and community spirit. Sign up on our website or provide us with your email.
- Online Calendar & Volunteer Coordination - online tool SignUpGenius was recently installed on our website. Members can access the service to sign-up and organize volunteers. You can also plan events using our Google calendar. More details to follow (it's new to us, too)!
Thank you for your continuing support of the HTCC, a federation of more than forty organizations sharing the mutual goal of improving the quality of life in Haverford Township. It is through your organization's commitment to this mission that the list of civic accomplishments continues to grow.
See you in April!
Jeff Miller, President